Humalog KwikPen | Insulin lispro
Insulin is a hormone that acts in the body to lower blood glucose levels. Insulin lispro is rapid-action insulin that shows its effects in about 15 minutes after injecting, shows maximum activity in an hour and keeps its activity for about 2-4 hours later.
· Used for the treatment of patients suffering from type-1 and type-2 diabetes.
· Used to treat high blood sugar level in diabetic patients.
· By controlling blood sugar, it decreases heart disease chances
· Prevent kidney damage
· Prevents sexual functions problems.
· Works faster than physiologically produced insulin
· Prevents loss of limbs by reducing blood sugar levels
· Prevent blindness caused by diabetes
· Low blood sugar levels persons should not use this medication.
· A person having any issue in kidney, liver or thyroid should consult with his/her doctor before using this medication.
· Do not engage in any task that requires your complete attention because insulin bistro can cause low blood sugar level and can cause blurred vision or dizziness.
· Do not share your Insulin listro needle, syringe, and injection cartridge with any person whatsoever; sharing will cause the spread of several contagious diseases.
· Use the amount of dosage as directed by the doctor, do not exceed or lessen that amount
· Insulin listro is injected 15 minutes before meal and immediately after the meal.
· Your doctor will guide you how to inject yourself the insulin, still if you do not understand how to inject it under the skin or into a vein through an Intra-venous do not try at home and consult some doctor.
· The period for which Insulin should be used is directed by the doctor, follow that strictly.
· Injection pen that comes along with insulin listro should be used and no other pen should be used instead.
· A new needle should be used before each time you are injecting.
· In case of low blood sugar level, keep some fast-acting sugar source with you, like fruit juice, hard candy, non-diet soda or raisins.
· A glucagon emergency injection kit is recommended in case of sever hypoglycemia.
· Make sure someone from your family or friends can inject you in case of an emergency.
· You should be wearing diabetes patient tag at all time so any medical personnel will know that you have diabetes.
· Do not use medication if it has changed colors, looks cloudy or you see particles in it.
· You should take a meal after 15 minutes of injecting yourself a dose.
· Do not take an extra dose to cover for a missed dose.
· Medication should be stored at room temperature and should be used within expiration date.
· Keep your Medication with you at all times.
The side effects are not such harmful but over dose of this product can cause some problems.
Common Insulin listro side effects include:
· Low blood sugar
· Mild skin rash