Introduction of Drug (Tramadol Retard)
It is a medication which is used to treat moderate to severe pain. Our CNS (central nervous system) consist of brain and spinal cord, this medication directly acts on certain chemical of central nervous system ant relief the pain by inhibition of that chemical. As is it used to treat the pain but its dosage matters a lot. The dosage is given to the patient according to strength of pain. This medicine (tramadol) cannot given to the childe less than the age 12 year.so it can only be used by adults more than 12 year old or the old age people .it dosage is not specific it can increase according to the severity of pain and age.it cannot be used by pregnant women without the prescription of doctor as it is addictive medicine.
Ingredients of Tramadol Retard
· Tramadol hydrochloride
· Calcium hydrogen phosphate dehydrate
· Colloidal anhydrous silica
· Magnesium stearate
Method of administration
This medicine is present in the form of tablets that should swallow directly with sufficient amount of liquid without breaking and chewing.
Effects of Tramadol Retard
Medication use as a pain killer in adults.it comes in 100mg, 150mg and 200mg.100 mg can only b use twice a day. In the patient with hepatic surgery, dialysis, renal insufficiency its elimination from the body is delayed so special care is require for these patients. This medication is addictive in nature so cannot be used by pregnant women or women that want to conceive. If u drunk too much alcohol then you cannot take this immediately as it cannot be used in combination with alcohol.
· This medication can’t be used without the prescription of doctor because its dosage matters a lot over dosage of the medicine can cause severe physical problem
· If you are sensitive to its active substance then avoid it.
· In case of severe toxicity after drunk you can’t take this medication.
· Patient facing epilepsy (disorder of CNS in which brain work abnormally) cannot take this without doctor prescription.
· If you are up taking synthetic pain reliever such as fentanyl you can’t take this in combination.
· If patients with severe head injuries, and facing unconsciousness as well as facing disturbance in respiratory track should avoid this medication and if necessary, this medication only is taken by the prescription of doctor.
· Patient with impaired liver or kidney function can’t take this medication.
· Patient can face convulsion if the dosage is increased more than 400mg per day.
· It can’t be used as a long-term medication otherwise physical dependence may be developed.
Severe side effects of Tramadol
Undesirable disorder reported are listed here
· Metabolism and nutrition disorders
· immune system disorder
· CNS disorder
· Psychiatric disorders(hallucinations)
· Eye disorder
· Cardiac disorder
· Respiratory disorder
· Renal and urinary disorder
Benefits of Tramadol Retard
· This medication has special property against the severe pain that’s why it is used as a pain killer.
· It can be used to treat the severe pain.
· Now a days most commonly it is used to treat rachialgia (back pain)